Ever had this burning question, “How to drive traffic to my blog?”?
I hate to say it again, but it really is a burning question. It’s even more painful when the question kept you up at night.
You wrote great, fresh content on your blog. You expected a spike of traffic would come. Nothing came, though.
At the end of the day, more than often you felt dismal.
I know that heartbreaking feeling because I’ve been there, too.
After all, just forget about it! Now come 7 foolproof tips that can drive traffic to your blog.
1. Optimize Your Blog’s Content for Google and Other Search Engines
According to Statistic Brain, in 2014, Google received 5.7 billion searches per day from all over the world. Needless to say, this number is still increasing significantly as people are more and more hungry for information.
Getting organic traffic from Google is probably a daunting task. Fortunately, Google loves good content and search-engine-optimized blogs, and this explains why you should put effort into crafting valuable posts and invest time to SEO your blog.
Let’s get something straight: SEO is not difficult. There is a framework of guidelines. All you need to do is to follow that framework.
For further reference about SEO, take a look at the following resources:
2. Guest Post on Popular Blogs
Guest posting is a smart strategy for thriving your blog and expanding your influence. It’s also a fantastic way to tell the world about who you are and what you love.
Below are top 4 benefits of guest posting.
- Build relationships with other bloggers. Indeed, you can be friends with them.
- Establish your personal brand and get perceived as an authority.
- Connect to new readers and transform them into your loyal subscribers.
- Earn quality links back to your blog. These links drive traffic to your blog and help it rank higher on Google and other search engines.
Most blog owners are willing to accept guest posting on their blogs. Having said that, your guest post must be informative and thought-provoking, or else it will be rejected.
Every blog has its submission guidelines and its in-house style. When you intend to guest post for a blog, make sure to read at least 10 posts on that blog to get familiar with its style.
It’s good to aim for popular blogs; their extensive readership is a great source of traffic. Having said that, you’d better remember this: start small and take one step at a time.
The following posts written about guest posting are priceless. Check them out!
- Guest Blogging: The Most Complete Guide Ever Written (You should really pay attention to this article!)
- The Ultimate Guide to Guest Blogging
- 3 Ways Guest Posting Can Help Grow Your Online Audience
- Guest Posting: 8 Tips To Getting Your Submissions Published
- How To Land A Guest Post Every Time: 21 Secret Tips
3. Comment on Other Blogs
Make relevant comments on other blogs and dedicate some of your time to helping beginner bloggers by answering their questions.
Don’t hesitate to speak your opinion and share your blogging experience. Because you’re not a SPAMMER (of course, you are a blogger), you have every right to talk.
This tip is easy to implement.
- First, find at least 15 great blogs that have the same niche as your blog.
- Second, steadily comment on 5 of these blogs every single day. Don’t rush. Don’t try to comment on way too many blogs a day. That will significantly diminish the quality of your comments.
To get accepted and attract attention, your comment has to be relevant to the post and useful to the readers. In short, don’t comment just for the sake of getting a link to your blog.
4. Share Your Posts on Social Media Sites
Every time you finish a post, put a link to it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, or Pinterest. That’s a surefire way to let more people know about your posts. Trust me; your great, fresh content deserves to go viral.
If you haven’t had the accounts of these social media sites yet, click on the following links to register:
5. Make Use of Article Directories
An article directory is a website that showcases articles written on a variety of topics. Typically, an article directory welcomes new, original articles from all contributors. In return, a contributor gets an author box where she can introduce herself and place a link to her website.
Writing for article directories helps drive traffic to your blog while increasing backlinks and boosting affiliate sales.
Below are some trusted article directories for you to get started.
In my opinion, EzineArticles is the best article directory due to its high PageRank and the large volume of traffic.
Please note that every article directory has its own submission guidelines. Read through these guidelines, and don’t violate them at any cost.
6. Include Your Blog’s URL in Email Signature
As a blogger, on a regular basis, you have to send a slew of emails to other bloggers and readers to keep them in touch.
So remember to add your blog’s information to your email signature. It doesn’t have to be fancy. This signature template “Your blog’s name – Your blog’s tagline – Your blog’s address” will do the job.
You can use a service like Bitly to track how many clicks you’ve received from the links in your email signature.
7. Pay-per-Click Advertising Programs
If you are impatient and want to boost your blog traffic immediately, you can buy traffic from pay-per-click advertising programs.
This tip is money-consuming, but it’s worth it. Pay-per-click advertising programs drive real visitors to your blog. They are real visitors and thus a source of targeted, quality traffic.
When you’re just starting out, Google AdWords is a good choice.
No More Tips
That’s all there is to it.
I’ve just shown you 7 tips that I’m using to drive traffic to my blogs.
Which tips do you think are useful? Do you have any other handy tips to increase blog traffic?
Let’s share in the comments!