“How I Met Your Mother” has ended and left the fans with tons of questions, excitement and memory. But no matter what happens, the series is really an entertainment that has marked its trace in the film history.
And now, it’s time to suit up and sit down because I’ll get you to a bunch of interesting facts about “How I Met Your Mother.” It’s going to be legen…wait for it…dary!
- We see Barney do a lot of magic tricks to seduce girls on the show. Neil Patrick Harris, in fact, is really a talented magician. He is the president of The Magic Castle Club in Los Angeles.
- To keep them at the same age throughout the series, all future scenes with Ted’s kids (played by Lyndsy Fonseca and David Henrie) were shot in the first season.
- Both Cobie and Alyson were pregnant during the show. The directors then decided to cover that fact up with baggy shirts and purses. Barney’s extremely dirty joke in season 4 was used to allow Lily to leave the show for a few episodes and give birth.
- Speaking of Alyson being pregnant, did you know her real life husband plays Robin’s co-worker, Sandy Rivers?
- HIMYM creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are in a band together called The Solids, and they perform the show’s theme song!
- We all know that Robin is a Canadian in the show. Cobie Smulders is also Canadian in real life! She’s from Vancouver.
- Unlike traditional sitcoms like “Friends,” the series wasn’t filmed in front of a live studio audience.
- Who would have thought that Neil Patrick Harris‘ husband, David Burtka, plays Scooter, Lily’s high school boyfriend on the show?
- On that same note, Cobie Smulders‘ real life husband, Taran Killiam, plays Gary Blauman, a coworker of Barney and Marshall.
- Remember the episode where Ted and Robin break up? Robin thought Ted was proposing after seeing the ring in her champagne glass. However, the ring belonged to a man sitting at the next table. The fact is that man planned his proposal with the producers and now, that couple’s engagement will live on the show forever!
- Barney shows up without a suit only 12 times throughout the entire series.
- The Mother, Cristin Milioti, didn’t even know what she auditioned for. After the Skype interview, they sent her to LA to read a fake line from a scene that had no relation to the show.
So, that’s it. These are the 12 legendary facts about “How I Met Your Mother” – my favorite television sitcom series – that I’ve found out. What about you? Are there any other facts you’ve noticed from the show “How I Met Your Mother“?
Let’s share in the comments below.